Friday, November 15, 2019

The Beautiful Mystery

The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8)The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am clearly a Louise Penny devotee, but this one was not my favorite. It was just Gamache and Beauvoir in a monastery...the whole time. The last few chapters were just as gripping as her other books, but this one was without the sense of place and community that makes Three Pines and this series what it is. I still think you need to read it for how it affects the coming books, but maybe power through at a 1.5 or 1.75 so you get through it a bit faster.

Happy reading!

ps. All the talk of Gregorian chant and how music development has happened over the centuries made me think of my music major roommates and all my friends who took Humanities 101 in college. Most people, like Beauvoir, were not too enamored with these early musical offerings.

(Book 107 - 2019)

No comments: