Monday, March 15, 2021

Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times

Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult TimesWintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times by Katherine May
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not sure when this book caught my eye - one part library recommendation, one part book club friend mentioning it. Either way, I read it expecting something a little bit different. The concept is good - that there are times that we need to rest and respect life's cyclical call for restorative periods. That description though doesn't describe it quite right either, so perhaps that's the issue.

So in short - some brilliant lines with a few too many random details. This book could be a good fit to give someone who is going through a hard season in their life.

Happy reading and here's hoping for a little less winter and a little more spring--
(I know that's the opposite of what the book calls for, but I want warmer weather and green leaves so badly!)

No comments: