Saturday, March 15, 2008

Along for the Ride

One of the reasons I hesitated doing the whole blog thing is that I don't feel like my life is all that interesting.  I go to work, I go to church, I spend time with my family, I spend time with my friends, and I try to sleep.  Then I wake up, and I do it all over again.  My dad described life this week as a merry-go-round.  Though I think he was talking about the fact that you repeat your days over and over again, I have been thinking about that in the context of the ups and downs that come on the ride.  I am glad that despite the fact that my life seems to be an experiment in chaos, that I can hold on to the stability of good friends (my family counts as friends - they're some of my favorites) and the Gospel.  Without those, I'd definitely have thrown an dry-erase marker at a student by now or randomly blurted out "I quit" to my administrator or Bishop (obviously, two very different contexts).  
Anyway- the "autosave" feature of the blog just informed me that it saved this at 12:02 AM- this means I should be in bed "trying to sleep" so I can "go to church" and start the ride up again in the morning.  Fingers crossed and more importantly, prayers said, for a good week and that somehow the merry-go-round will break so that everyone's horse stays "up." 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I think I would still settle for the 10 second glimpse. Since we are wishing, Kevin would like it better and have a few hour glimpse and an interview with his future self.

forget laundry said...

Jaclyn- your life is not boring to listen to... especially because I love your perspective. it is such a treat to read your life in writing. I am so glad I'm riding on your merry go round. and why not throw a dry erase board eraser... they are not that heavy and chances are the student would barely feel it. I support your urge. ps we need a video chat soon. next time we talk let's set it up.