Saturday, March 29, 2008

Seeing Red

167 papers - that's how many were supposed to be submitted to me on two weeks ago.  Amazingly enough, nearly all my students handed in their creative writing projects.  I should be dancing in the street because my kids not only handed them in, but most of them did a fabulous job.  Who knew the next Dean Koontz, Jodie Picoult, and Rick Reily were sitting my classroom and doodling their way to the New York Bestsellers' List?!  
I'm exhausted, and the red pens I purchased just over a week ago are nearly dead, but the papers are done.  Their characters are dead, in love, and/or just got asked to the prom by an impoverished midget dressed as a superhero (their creative genius, not mine).  And I am ready to curl up in a ball and sleep away the stress of trying to get these papers finished for Monday.  
Good night.  Sleep tight.  No, your and you're do not mean the same thing.  See you in the morning sans the red pen smears on my left hand!

4 comments:

Justin said...

Congratulations on finishing your grading!

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

Yes, that is so exciting! Good luck going back to school tomorrow. See ya in about 28 days.

Megan said...

I love that you're left handed and that you know the difference between your and you're. How about this one? I'll and all. Same word? Not so much.

Melissa said...

Your students are so lucky to have you as their teacher. You always put your whole heart into everything you do.