Sunday, April 6, 2008

So Many Possibilities

I have been trying to decide since my last entry what to write about next.  There simply are too many options.  I could go into detail about....

*The experience of realizing I had left the house in slippers and arrived in them to pick up my car that was getting its 30,000 mile check.  There's nothing like the sound of slippers scratching across slick cement to make you think "now that woman is classy."

*The fact that all the powers of the universe will come to get you when you take "sick" day - I saw two teachers and one of my students in five minutes (one in Safeway, one in the parking lot, and one in Richards where my student was actually my checker).  

*The idea that buying toothpaste on Amazon is surprisingly even more fun than buying books and movies and two-day shipping was a brilliant creation (we love fed-ex, ups, and usps - or something like that?!)

*The Fentons vs. Ghiradelli ice cream vote is currently 1:3 after a fun adventure to Oakland with Tracy, Patrick, and Kyle last night.  Can't wait for a summer afternoon spent eating Ghiradelli's in San Francisco.

*My brackets are completely busted after UCLA and UNC lost.  So much for predicting the future.  To make up for this fact I watched the last two minutes of the 2006 BYU v. the U football game where John Beck hit Johnny Harline in the endzone with no time left on the clock to beat the U.  One of the absolute best sport moments ever.

*I had a sleepover at a friend's house (the fabulous Tracy who I will have to write stories about later), and actually slept.  Sounds like we had a boring time considering that most sleepovers are considered a success when you crash at 4am, but I have struggled since I was a little girl with sleeping at other people's houses.  I always came (and still come) with at least one book to help pass the hours that my friends are sleeping.  I brought the book last night and did not have to use it!  And we had a fabulous time laughing, talking, and listening to Latin music.  

*I love general conference weekend!  I cannot adequately convey the sustaining power that listening to the general authorities' testimonies has on my life and testimony.  It's such a privilege to sit at the feet of the prophet and apostles and hear them bear witness of our Savior and the restored gospel.  I love our leaders more each time I hear them speak.  My testimony of President Monson's role as prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was fortified as we saw him conduct and speak in this role for the first time.  He truly is called of God.  I am excited to incorporate the counsel we heard into my day-to-day life.  I want to be more like the general authorities in dedicating all that I am to serving the Lord and becoming more like Him.  

As evidenced by my random possibilities, I cannot pick what to write about.  Indecisiveness is an unfortunate gift that I often possess.  Either way, there's a snapshot of some my thoughts and experiences.  Catch ya later-

ps. Happy 178th Birthday to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (not to mention Harry Houdini and Butch Cassidy - not quite the same category though)! 

5 comments:

Anna White said...

we love snapshots from the life of jaclyn. you are worlds best, you know?! you make my life so much happier!

Anna (Justin and Joshua too!)

forget laundry said...

love it :) too many fun thoughts! you may find out by morning- but beth is engaged! first week of June!! (yeap you read it right... june!!) so excited for her ps still loving my toothpaste and it's reason for being in my drawer.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Jaclyn-- missin' you too!! I'm glad you found my blog because I thought you already had it! I emailed it to you when I first started, but don't worry. You haven't missed out on much. :) Loves!

Melanie said...

I am so proud of you for the sleepover. I was in shock that you actually did it because I know how it has been for all these years!

Megan said...

About the slippers...I actually went to school for a full day in my slippers when I was pregnant. I couldn't see my feet and I forgot anyway. It was awesomely awkward. Please write a book. I want to read it. You crack me up.