Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lovin' the Move



I have never been a huge fan of moving - finding half-unpacked boxes in every possible corner, lifting awkward things, trying to sort out the madness that you thought was clearly labeled - but today I loved every minute of it because it means that Jewels and Brett are officially back in California. Brett's security sales team will be selling in the San Jose area this summer, and I (along with the rest of the Jewels & Brett fan club) have been counting the days eagerly awaiting their arrival.

This past week, I tried to explain Jewels to someone - not her personality (genuinely good-natured and spunky) or her details (married for over a year, baby on the way, just finished her junior year of college), but what she meant to me as a sister and a friend. I don't think my friend understood what I meant when I said that with Jewels around, life simply seems better. The sun seems to shine brighter. The stack of "to do's" seems more manageable, and random experiences seem funnier. My life seems more complete when she is close. I cannot convey in words what having her with driving distance means (though we know for sure it means laying out by pools, food network, and laughing excessively).

After a long day of setting up house and figuring out which box goes where, I'm ready to call it a night. Just wanted to say how excited I am for summer. Let the party begin~



(ps. I know this is a random picture choice, but that's exactly the point. If you look closely, Jewels and I are framing a brown bear that we stumbled across on a walk not too far from our Tahoe house. The bear would later follow us back and rumage through our garbage can!)

1 comment:

The Jackson Family said...

Hey Jaclyn, I'm so glad you commented so I could come this this fun blog:)! That sounds super fun to have Julianne close by again! I'm sorry we are going to miss each other when we come down this weekend but enjoy your trip too!