Friday, May 2, 2008

Sorry Jaime, there is an Arizona~



Today's short post comes to you from a hotel room in Chandler, Arizona. I am here having a mini-reunion with two my favorite people from my BYU days - Maria and Laura - fellow Victoria Place survivors. There's not much to report by way of activities - we're waking up late, lounging by a pool, getting ready slowly, exploring the area, lounging by a pool again, and laughing the whole way through. So far it's been perfect - the weather is even perfect (warm with a breeze) and I found a Sonic for Vanilla Cokes. Tomorrow's itinerary includes lunch at the Spotted Donkey and more times with toes dipped lazily in the pool. Such a schedule - how will we handle it? Life really can be perfect sometimes.

ps. Just in case, you're wondering, the picture is the Arizona flag. I've always loved that it looks like a patriotic sunset... Oh, and not a country fan? Jaime O'Neill's "There is No Arizona" was one of the first country songs I fell in love with when I was new to the wonderful world of country music. Listened to it a few times in anticipation of actually coming to Arizona.

1 comment:

Anna White said...

say hi to strat for me! she's the best. tell her i am not as crazy as i was when we lived together. :) was this just a spontaneous visit?? how fun!