Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Forget Obama and Clinton, my vote is for David Archuleta!


The political scene is too much. I cannot take another comment from Barack about change or from Hillary about qualified experience. I don't want to hear John mention Vietnam and his years in a box again. I cannot honestly say that I want to cast my vote for any of the above despite my past party affiliations. Instead, my vote is for David Archuleta. I am late joining the American Idol phenomenon this season, but I love this kid. He's fantastic and has a voice that seems to transcend the darkness - rather he seems to welcome those perfect moments with those crystal clear notes and heartfelt smiles. Too bad the political candidates can't set their speeches to song - I might be willing to listen to more commentary on the nation's fiscal future or plans for Iraq if David was singing....

4 comments:

Melanie said...

You're cute! I love your ode to David--and I agree the whole political thing is driving me up the wall and we have MONTHS till the elections.

Justin said...

Well said.

Anna White said...

YES JACLYN!!! This is the only season that I have been a faithful Idol watcher. Are you proud? You should be. And David Archuleta gets my vote! (and apparently my mother-in-laws...she voted for him 20 times last week! hehe)

Julie said...

I'm a David fan too! Hey, I need your latest email address so I can invite you to my blog. Email it to me at julie.blodgett@gmail.com Thanks!