Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baby Bit is a GIRL!

Most aspects of adulthood leave something to be desired.  However, the prospect of being an aunt(a rather grown-up sounding title) and the fact that I will be one at the end of the summer is fantastic.  When Jewels announced this past December that she would be having a baby, I was so excited.  It has been too long since we've had the sound little people in the Hutchins home.  I started calling the baby "Bit" since it was an it, and saying the baby or he/she or whatever other titles people use got old quickly.  Today though, Jewels officially announced that Bit is a GIRL!  This is exactly what I had pictured and hoped for (though I know technically you're not supposed to wish for anything except a healthy baby).  If you know Jewels, you can see her cradling a smiling little girl wrapped in a handmade quilt or baking alongside a two-year-old with pigtails.  So much cuteness and we haven't even met her yet!  

[If you want to see some of Baby Girl Munson's first pictures, go to Jewels and Brett's blog (jbmunson.blogspot.com).]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray!! I have to tell you, being an aunt is awesome. You get to have all sorts of fun with them and as soon as they start crying or smelling funny you can just hand them off to mom. Why would we even want our own kids when we get a deal like that?!

christina clark said...

jaclyn, how exciting to become an aunt!! i'm so excited for you and your family, all of you must be so excited. i'm so glad that you have started a blog, i love getting a dose of jaclyn. i miss being able to talk and hearing the way you talk and think,you have always been so inspiring to me. i miss having you around and i didn't realize how much until i read your blog. love you, christina (damiano) clark
p.s. jeff misses you too, you are one of his favorites of my friends.

Melissa said...

Yay! That is so exciting! I'm glad this baby will have lots of poeple to love and spoil her!

Julie said...

Very exciting! I can't believe shes that far along. By the way, I'm so glad that you are a blogger now! I hope that SR High is treating you well. love ya and I'll be checking your blog often!