Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Happiness Project

The Happiness Project The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I would love to eloquently tell you about Gretchen Rubin’s happiness project – a year spent as it says in the title, trying to be happier – but I lack the energy and my statistics homework is nowhere near done. “The Happiness Project” is replete with honest reflection, well-selected quotes, and suggestions for how to integrate desired aspects (i.e., laughter, spontaneity, love, etc.) into our own lives.

This is Rubin’s life and her truth. The book is a little long-winded, but overall an enjoyable read. I am torn between a 3 and 4 star rating (where are the half stars Goodreads?!). If you are looking for “Real Simple” life stories on steroids or unique, realistic ways to improve your day-to-day life, this book is for you.

No comments: