Monday, July 12, 2010

True Colors

True ColorsTrue Colors by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Usually, I am not a book snob. I often like “Top 40 fiction” as much, if not more, as I like delving into the classics. Every so often though a book comes along that is just bad. Kristin Hannah’s “True Colors” is one of those books. Her characters are cliché and their emotions contrived. The plot lines are predictable to the point that I almost stopped reading the book entirely. The only redeeming quality in this book were the journal entries of a distraught teenager – while also predictable, the journal entries at least provided a distinctive voice.

If you bought this book already, return it. There are too many good books in the world to waste your time. Harsh review, I know, but it just was not the book for me…or you for that matter.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thank you for this. I have been trying to read this book for the past 6 months, and I just don't like it.