Saturday, January 11, 2014

Divergent

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am such a bandwagon reader especially when it comes to young adult fiction. Lots of students and friends were reading this book, so naturally I had to too. I would actually give this book a 3.5, but because I have to choose 3 or 4 and because I read this book in only a couple days, I am going with 4. The premise of a world where we are categorized by attributes is great and the concepts of choice and whether we feel like we belong are universally applicable to readers. And when I'm allowed to buy books again (my to be read shelves are much too full right now), I will definitely be picking up Roth's next one in the series. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Shenine joon said...

I loved this series. Filled my Hunger Games void. The last book, was a little less great, but loved the first two.

Shenine @ bemusedsheninejoon.blogspot.com