Saturday, June 21, 2014

Insurgent

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a book that I should have reviewed closer to when I actually finished it, so that I could more accurately articulate my initial reactions. The short version if that I am conflicted by these books. On some level I am so fascinated by the world that Roth has created. I like that Tris is another one of those bad-ass females who refuses to do things just because someone tells her too. I like Four - he's everything a love interest in young adult fiction should be. But there's just something missing. Lack of cohesion in the plot? Not enough depth to justify character actions/decisions? I don't know. What I do know is that I voluntarily read this and was hurrying through it to see what happened next. What I also know though is that I will gladly put this book in my classroom, a sign that I never intend to pick this up again. Either way, I'll be reading Allegiant and eagerly awaiting the film version of Insurgent - whatever that's supposed to mean?! :)

No comments: