Monday, August 8, 2016

Six Months Later

Six Months LaterSix Months Later by Natalie D. Richards
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I bought this book last fall because a student of mine said it was her favorite book. Based on her comments in class and her writing, I thought she was a pretty good judge of books, and I wanted more to talk to her about. Then I misplaced the book...as in, I, who treat books like they have feelings and am super organized, totally lost this brand new book. I never found it. This freaked the student out. Fast forward to June. I decided to purchase a used copy, and it really is ironic that I lost the first copy.

Six Months Later is about a teenage girl who wakes up and six months have passed. More than that, her whole life has changed. She has a new boyfriend, a different social group, she's a better student, etc., etc. Think of it as a creepy "Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac". This book does use some stereotypical high school characterization, but I still was engaged the whole way through. It's a great recommendation for high schoolers and for those of us who love YA lit.

Happy reading!

No comments: