Sunday, November 6, 2016

Hamilton: The Revolution

Hamilton: The RevolutionHamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

To get the chance to read more about Lin-Manuel Miranda's writing process actually feels like a privilege. His writing in Hamilton has been compared to Shakespeare's mastery of language and composition. I agree 100% without feeling like I am over-selling or over-dramatizing Lin's gift. I have not seen words so deftly used in my lifetime. You do need to appreciate the show to appreciate the book, but who doesn't appreciate this show?! On the eve of a tumultuous election, how could you not?

Happy reading and happy singing!
I really can't wait to see this show. For now, I'll have to settle for rewatching Lin on Carpool Karaoke and the PBS Hamilton special. 

No comments: