Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Election of...

I spent the entire political season not saying anything about my personal beliefs online. I never wanted to alienate people or seem as though I am not open to other beliefs different than my own. But with the numbers pouring in tonight and the voices of Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer, I feel like the American people have lost their minds. 

I was listening to Hamilton this morning (shocker, I know), and the lyrics to "The Election of 1800" suddenly seemed incredibly apropos. Hamilton says, 

"The people are asking to hear my voice
For the country is facing a difficult choice
And if you were to ask me who I'd promote--
--Jefferson has my vote
I have never agreed with Jefferson once
We have fought on like seventy-five diff'rent fronts
But when all is said and all is done
Jefferson has beliefs. Burr has none."

Amen Mr. Hamilton. Just update the names, and we're in business. 


No comments: