Monday, January 30, 2017

I Remeber Nothing

I Remember Nothing: and Other ReflectionsI Remember Nothing: and Other Reflections by Nora Ephron
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I love Nora Ephron - a lot. But I didn't love this. Some of her segments or one-liners were smart and clever, but for all her wit, most of this felt over-the-top or self indulgent. I would still pick up any of Ephron's writing. I think she was one of the most creative and brilliant women of our time, but I just wouldn't recommend this one. Instead, put "When Harry Met Sally" in the DVD player, sit back and relax. Then when that's over pull out "Sleepless in Seattle", "You've Got Mail", and "Julie & Julia". Her distinct storytelling will win you over one magical cinematic moment at a time. Perhaps I'll go start of those myself right now....

Happy reading--
(I seriously could not love "When Harry Met Sally" or any of the above mentioned movies any more. They're some of my absolute favorites."

No comments: