Monday, January 30, 2017

The Storyteller

The StorytellerThe Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Is it too early to say that this is my favorite book of 2017? You're probably right that it's too soon, but man, I want to say it. This book was captivating and well written. I fell into this story and had the hardest time stepping away from it to do normal life. I can't do justice to why I liked it so much without gushing or using ridiculous amount of hyperbole. The short version is that I loved the character development, and frankly loved the characters. I appreciated that people weren't clear cut villains or heroes and that the smell of baking bread was woven all throughout the story. I loved that there was a fictional tale told alongside the character's narratives. So, so good - already, I'm wondering if it's too soon to read it again. And I'm really hoping this book gets optioned for a movie. It has all the makings of a great one. Better stop now, the hyperbole is creeping in....

Happy reading and happy January--

No comments: