Saturday, September 16, 2017

Present Over Perfect

Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of LivingPresent Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was my "summer book" - the one whose premise spoke to what I wanted more of in my life. My book two months later is covered in post-it tabs showing a couple dozen quotes or ideas that I want to return to. Shauna's candor and collection of are insights are beautiful, and her commentary about the story of Christ saving Peter after walking on the water is potentially life changing.

So why the three stars then? Because the commentary was repetitive in parts and aimless in others. There are portions that I profoundly loved and then portions where I was left waiting for the point. I admire Shauna Niequist as a person and a writer. I appreciate how she helps others, myself included, cultivate our truth and the goal of living a life that is focused on only the essential. I just wonder if the book needed a bit more editing or more content.

Either way, I think you will find great takeaways in "Present Over Perfect". Happy reading and happy living-

Favorite Sections: You Put Up The Chairs, The Man in the Tuxedo, The Spring of the Basketball Hoop, Walking on Water, Baptism, And the Soul Felt Its Worth

No comments: