Sunday, December 31, 2017

Since You Went Away & Year End Reflection

Since You Went Away (Children of the Promise, #2)Since You Went Away by Dean Hughes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One day this week, my husband and I went to breakfast with my family, and then we came home and I settled onto the couch to read. I got off the couch when it was time to get some dinner and go back to my parents' house to play games. That's how much I love Wally and Bobbi and the rest of the Thomas family. I ignored the social media posts of people cleaning up their holiday décor. I ate cold cereal for dinner that night. I only wanted to hang out with this family, and pretend we were neighbors. It was delightful.

This book will be my last completed book of 2017. Seems a fitting holiday reread to close out my best reading year in ages. 61 books is pretty great when you consider how many papers I grade and how much time Seth and I try to spend together. Here's to an even better 2018.

Happy reading--

No comments: