Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Deal of a Lifetime

The Deal of a LifetimeThe Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not sure this one should even qualify as a full book since it barely qualifies as a novella, but I appreciate this timely Christmas story. It's not the same as visiting the various Christmas scenes with Scrooge in Dickens' Christmas Carol, but it has that same feeling. Powerful message and imagery with the type of vivid character details as only Backman can write. After this story, I think it's time for Jimmy Stewart and "It's a Wonderful Life" while I work on decorating our team. It is that time of year after all-

Happy reading, happy living, and happy Christmas--

ps. I rounded up because, you know...Christmas magic...lots of chocolate...twinkle lights...and that little girl in the story had great lines.

No comments: