Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Inheritance

Inheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and LoveInheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love by Dani Shapiro
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At the age of 54, Dani Shapiro, a well known writer, found out that her father was not really her father. Through one of those ancestry kits that you see advertised on TV, her whole world was turned upside down. Both her parents had died, so there was no one to ask about what really happened. Her quest to find both her biological father is fascinating. Her details about fertility treatments in the 1960s felt especially personal, as I felt once again that I would not have been able to have my own child had I been born in an earlier decade. Shapiro's discussion about heritage and how our lives are shaped are relevant in all our lives.

This book is probably closer to a 3.5 for me, but it gets rounded up for how much I kept explaining the details of it to random people.

Happy reading--

(Book 24 - 2019)

No comments: