Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Rules of Magic

The Rules of Magic (Practical Magic #0)The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I stumbled on to this book when none of my library holds were coming up for a few days. I was surprised to care about the sisters in this story since magical realism isn't usually my thing. My only introduction to this book was the Practical Magic movie that I watched as a teenager, so it felt like a clean slate with Hoffman's prequel. It's interestingly told and has well set up ties between characters that appeared in a more subtle way than I expected. Not amazing, but captivating enough that I would gladly read more of Hoffman's writing.

Happy reading and magical living--

ps. I'd pay a great deal for the black soap mentioned in this book.

(Book 66 - 2019)

No comments: