Tuesday, September 17, 2019

When Dimple Met Rishi

When Dimple Met RishiWhen Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I cannot believe I didn't read this book while I was teaching so I could have recommended it to my students. This book has Dougherty Valley High School written all over it. I loved the duality of culture, parental expectation, and teenage longing that drove the arc of this book. It has great dual narratives of Dimple and Rishi and really believable character details for Indian teenagers growing up in the Bay Area. I thought over and over again of specific students and my class discussions of arranged marriages when we were reading Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. This is a classic summer read to me with romance, hopes, and dreams all set against a San Francisco sky.

Happy reading--

(Book 88 - 2019)

No comments: