Friday, October 11, 2019

A Trick of the Light

A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #7)A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I was younger I thought it was ridiculous that people talked about rivalries and fights from decades before as though they were yesterday. Now almost twenty years out of high school, I realize that some experiences feel as though they were just a moment ago. Penny plays with that tension well in this installment of the Armand Gamache series. I found myself loving Jean Guy's story line even more in this book and wishing even more that Clara would divorce Peter...which is not the focal point of the story, but I keep wondering if I'm the only one who really dislikes Peter. Even in the first book he made me a bit uncomfortable to the point that I wondered if he was the murderer...and then I hoped he was the murderer in book four so he'd go away. Either way, I'm thrilled to have read another of Penny's books and am sad that I have to wait so long for the next one to come up on my library hold's list.

Happy reading and remember to let grudges go. After all, what would Armand Gamache do?

(Book 97 - 2019)

No comments: