Thursday, October 31, 2019

The Alice Network

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
It took me almost two years to finish this book. I started it in the midst of fertility treatments and all the pregnancy chatter and spy drama was too much. It's beyond ironic that I started it again two years later and finished it in the midst of another round of fertility treatments. I'm torn on what to give this book because parts of it were so clever, but other parts felt a little forced. Now having finished this one, Quinn's The Huntress doesn't seem quite as original. Both her books draw on very similar themes, but I still appreciated the chase, the camaraderie, and the characterization of Eve and her Scottish gentlemen. Ultimately, I was entertained, but The Huntress is better.

Happy reading and happy fall. Wishing for gray days soon, so we can curl up with blankets and books. 


No comments: