Monday, April 27, 2020

Code Name Helene

Code Name HélèneCode Name Hélène by Ariel Lawhon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A friend gifted me this audiobook to keep me company as I unpacked from our move. It certainly made the hours pass by more quickly as I fell into Nancy Wake's world of espionage and battle. When I started, I did not know that Nancy Wake was a real person. While Lawhon has taken her own creative license in telling Wake's story, she has done a great job maintaining the essence of what Wake accomplished in her years as a spy. I love how Lawhon structured her story - moving through time and the various aliases that Wake used to accomplish her various missions. Powerful and captivating to be sure--

Happy reading-

ps. Make sure you read Lawhon's commentary that she includes at the end of the book. She details where she fabricated characters and/or events and what she kept factual...but don't read it until after you've read the book because there are some pretty major spoilers.

No comments: