Friday, April 17, 2020

The German Heiress

The German HeiressThe German Heiress by Anika Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am constantly checking my library's new audiobook selections. Between the title, the cover and the genre, I decided this book should probably go on to my "holds list". It wasn't amazing, but it was solidly good. I was engaged and moved through it really quickly. It doesn't hurt that I was unpacking endless stacks of boxes.

Just as the last couple years have seemed to have lots of books related to World War female spies, a number of new books have seemed to center around the German experience during World War II. The German Heiress has good balance of fascinating story telling while also weaving in the well known time period details.

I don't think it's quite a 4 star book, but I finished it in two days, so it deserves the bump.

Happy reading--

No comments: