Friday, May 15, 2020

Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors

Pride, Prejudice, and Other FlavorsPride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this book - yes, it's another update of Pride & Prejudice, but it stands so well on its own. Dev has included clever allusions to the original story, but so much of it is just a well crafted story. It doesn't hurt that I love Pride & Prejudice and that the story takes place in the Bay Area. It also seemed like the Raje family could have very well been an older version of one of my Dougherty student's families. I loved the vivid imagery and the way Dev describes food. I appreciated that the Jane and Lizzie bond still existed in Trisha and her sister...and I am so excited that Dev has just come out with a Persuasion update. Can't wait to read it--

Happy reading, and as always the question remains, who can help but love Darcy?

No comments: