Thursday, August 20, 2020

Again, Again

Again AgainAgain Again by E. Lockhart
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I contemplated stopping this book half a dozen times. I kept going because I really liked another one of Lockhart's books and because the main character's brother deals with an addiction. As the sister of addict, I rarely see the familial dynamics of addiction in fiction, and I was intrigued. That said, this book should not be read in audio form. Lockhart has multiple realities playing out simultaneously and it was jarring to jump back and forth. It reminded me of that movie Vantage Point, that came out years ago. The first couple times that the move replayed a scene from a new perspective were fascinating and by the third and fourtht one, the whole audience literally groaned.

So, not a good read for me, but I do appreciate Lockhart including a very real and very hard part of life.

Happy reading--

ps. Seeing "Again, Again" made my think of my nephew Henry and his toddler self, saying "again, again" when he wanted you to repeat an action. It was the cutest. 

No comments: