Thursday, August 20, 2020

Big Summer

Big SummerBig Summer by Jennifer Weiner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Big Summer" would have been the perfect beach read...assuming any of us were leaving our houses and going places. There's fantastic commentary on social media, fat shaming, wealth and status, and the influence of parents and friends all without being preachy. It's just embedded in a story that you forget is a murder mystery of sorts. I really hope it gets made into a movie...and that someday we all get to go the beach again.

Happy reading--

**One big disclaimer - there is a super saucy scene that is wildly unnecessary in the middle of the book. That may motivate a few of you (I'd name names, but that would be awkward ;) ) and for a few others, you can just skip it...I literally fast forwarded through it because that's not my thing.

No comments: