Thursday, February 4, 2021

Stuff You Should Know: An Incomplete Compendium of Mostly Interesting Things

Stuff You Should Know: An Incomplete Compendium of Mostly Interesting ThingsStuff You Should Know: An Incomplete Compendium of Mostly Interesting Things by Josh Clark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Stuff You Should Know was one of, if not the first, podcast I listened to regularly. I loved the random facts and more in depth looks at topics that were a part of my every day life. As the medium of podcasts took off and time became more limited, I stopped following along, but have always had a soft spot for Chuck and Josh and the company I kept with them during grad school over a decade ago.

This book is just like Chuck and Josh's podcast. The chapters are unrelated and offer more details that you thought possible about topics ranging from Mr. Potato Head to The Price is Right. I still enjoyed learning about their random topics, but the book doesn't get a higher rating because certain chapters held no interest to me (I'm thinking about the chapter on the smell of dog paws in particular). This is a perfect book for trivia nerds or waiting rooms - something you can pick up and put down and get a complete idea out of it.

Happy reading and happy learning--

Ps. The audiobook has a great Q&A at the end of it.

No comments: