Monday, April 26, 2021

The Light of Days

The Light of Days: The Untold Story of Women Resistance Fighters in Hitler's GhettosThe Light of Days: The Untold Story of Women Resistance Fighters in Hitler's Ghettos by Judy Batalion
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's not often that I pick up a World War II book that tells me something I haven't at least read a little something about. This book though and its stories of women resistance fighters in Hitler's Polish ghettos have so many details I've never encountered. Batalion did extensive research and her efforts show as she tries to tell of many exemplary young women who gave everything they had to helping their people.

This was not an easy book to read. It is VERY detailed and there are so many people to follow. I would recommend the physical book because I had a hard time keeping the characters straight while I listened to it. I know the physical book has list of how the people relate to each other in the front, and it would have been really helpful. I'm not sure I would recommend this book just because it is so hard to digest, and there are so many others to read. It would be great for someone wanting to do a deep dive into this particular moment in history.

Happy reading and happy kinder living--

No comments: