Monday, August 4, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

You can almost hear the cast of Mary Poppins singing whenever you fly kites. Good chunks of time the past two weekends have been spent flying and making kites...here are few shots of two weekends ago when I went to the annual Berkeley Kite Flying Festival.


The view from the festival was amazing - Golden Gate on one side - the skyline of Berkeley on the other. It was perfect weather - warm with a breeze. Warmer than we actually realized since all of us went home redder than when we had arrived.


Odd picture to include, but I promised Mags a picture of my new haircut. I am the girl on the right in the maroon shirt - yes, that's me and yes, that is the shortest my hair has ever been.


The octopus kites were fantastic. From certain angles you felt like you were in the ocean watching them swim.


The kite flying crew-- from left to right, Sterling, Jaclyn (yes, thought the name was necessary since some of you might doubt that I would ever have such a short hair), Matt (he's holding our fabulous dragon kite), Kaity, and Nate. Diane was the photographer so obviously she's not pictured, though the dragon kite is hers so she gets extra points.

So there you have it folks - kites, sunburns, laughter, and friends - that day had it all. Tune in later for a the kite making story--

5 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

Looks like fun!! Okay so the easiest way to get a fun background is to go to www.thecutestblogontheblock.com and they have all the info there. If you don't like those let me know and i can give you the more complicated way:)

Baxter said...

I had no idea you were a kite fan. I'm a kite fan thanks to my father who is a big kite fan. He's bought some fancy stunt kites over the years, though it doesn't look like there was much of that at this kite festival.

Katie said...

Cute hair! I love it! Of course you always have the perfect cut and color. My parents said they saw you at their ward last week. Miss you!

Nancy said...

Jaclyn, I love checking out your blog! Hope your summer has been great, good luck with school starting soon.

Natty bee Seely said...

We actually saw this event going on when we spent hillary's birthday in Berkeley. Was is a blast. It looks crowded. What a fun idea.