Sunday, August 24, 2008

One for the Ages

Two weeks without posting - in my pre-blog life, I would have laughed at the thought of caring about not writing on my blog, but here I am way behind with no hope of catching up tonight. I thought I better write a quick post though to let people know that I am not buried (at least not physically) underneath school files or standing in front of an open freezer praying to catch a cold (a way, albeit an unoriginal one, to get out of going to school). Yes, I did go to Hawaii. Yes, it was amazing. Yes, I also love the Olympics. No, Jewels hasn't had her baby yet. No, I didn't grow any more before I turned 25. Yes, I was called as activities co-chair. Yes, I did cry about it (ask my Provo roommates the one calling I dreaded and had successfully avoided until a couple weeks ago). Yes, school does begin tomorrow. Yes, I am excited, exhausted, and frazzled by the prospect of 170 new students. Yes, Ryan left for college. Yes, Jewels and Brett did move in. Two weeks without posting - way too long...oh and yes, I wish I could twitch my nose and transport myself to London--anyone care to come along?

6 comments:

Bekah said...

So it's been forever since we've talked but I was reading this blog of yours...when I should have been sleeping because I also start work tomorrow again...and had to laugh because I'm currently service as the activity co-chair. I hopefully getting released soon,as it is a demanding calling, especially in singles' ward. Anyway, good luck and if you need support or ideas or to vent, feel free. Good luck with school and your new calling!

christina clark said...

London, huh? I'm there, I just need to find my red ruby slippers so we have a way of getting back home.

Trace said...

ok 2 plane tickets to London, booked and ready... just have to ask for some time off- and if you can't get it... well then too bad kids... miss hutchins is checking out!!! love you girlie!

forget laundry said...

I'll come along... just figure out the nose twitch thing and I'll be there. how was school today?!

Marvia said...

Oh dreaded callings... haha! :) That would be a hard one. But I have no doubt you'll do a fabulous job. I will soon be released as RS President. Originally I was going to be released around November... when the next baby was due. But it turns out the Stake wants me and so I have been released sooner and will be Stake Public Affairs Assistant over community resources. It should be fun. I'm excited and exhausted. I need a moment to breath! :)

Melanie said...

Activities isn't bad at all. You get to set the tone for your ward. If you want a ward that is anonymous and disconnected, just don't have any activities. If you want a ward where everyone knows every detail about everyone else have activities every few days.