Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh Baby!

I tried to come up with an opening that would convey the thrill of welcoming Mae Alyse Munson to the world, and I have not been able to find the words. So simply put - Mae was born yesterday, August 29th at 6:24 pm in Walnut Creek, California. She weighed six pounds, five ounces and was 19 inches long. It was not an easy delivery, but Juliann stoically persevered with Brett holding her hand the whole time. More details will follow, but for now, here some of the first shots of baby Mae.


Isn't Mae perfect? Not that I'm biased or anything~


Jewels holding her piece of heaven - mother and daughter seem as though it is a reunion and not a first time meeting. God really does have a divinely orchestrated plan for each of His children.


Does Mae know already that these pictures are just the beginning? Eyes covered, saying, "Please, just let me sleep Jaclyn."



Couldn't resist one more picture of her adorable pink socks poking out of her blanket-- they're so tiny!

Babies are such strong reminders of our purpose here on earth - I feel so blessed to be a part of this little one's life. Love you all!

{For more baby updates, check out http://jbmunson.blogspot.com/ - Jewels will start posting tomorrow when she gets home from the hospital!}

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I LOVE THE FOOT PICTURE! She truly is perfect. Oh man, who knew a baby could be so cute? I wanted to see her tiny toes today, but she was all wrapped up... third time's a charm... I DID get to see the foot ink impression, so it was a good day.

Trace said...

ok i can't believe it! little Mae... i love her! :) and jewels...so beautiful after giving birth! i aspire to be as pretty as her after i've had my first

Melanie said...

Here's too cute babies. I am glad Mae has finally made her debut!

Anna White said...

Yay for Aunt Jaclyn!

Megan said...

Not biased at all, she is PERFECT! And teeny tiny! Only a little bigger than Andrew. Tell Jewels and hubby good job! So exciting! And congrats to the new aunt as well.

christina clark said...

Congradulations Aunt!! That is so exciting and you are right, she is very perfect. Hope all is well. love you.

Charlotte May Hutchins said...

this is ness~
little bitty Mae is just so cute i can't get over it. I wish jewels and brett and mae were never leaving. I love mae, she brings out a really cute little kid side in you =)

Becca said...

What a gorgeous baby! She is darling. Jewels looks SO good--how awesome to think of her being a mom!

P.S. Being an aunt is the BEST--and addicting.

Natty bee Seely said...

She is darling and her name is the cutest. We had mae on our list, but Kate won over. I hope she is well and stays that way. I will check out her blog.