Monday, November 17, 2008

Doses of Hope

I avoid doctors like the plague - almost as if they were the actual cause of my ailments. Instead small doses of hope seem to make my days better and my nights more peaceful. Though the doses do not actually fix my ailments (be they physical or caused by my insanity that comes and goes with the length of my to do list), they do seem to make the world a more user-friendly place. Here are a few of my recent self-prescribed doses--


I love seeing how much good people can do for each other. Even though Ty Pennington is crazy, I love this show.


Being at the same high school as Cameron rocks my world- this kid thoroughly entertaining to be around. Notice that fabulous hair he has in this picture - yeah, it's completely gone - he shaved it for the big game against Monte Vista. SRV won by the way - completely wiped the floor with those whining mustangs.


Hanging out with Angela Chase and Brian Krakow can make a girl a bit melancholy, but living in the world of Liberty High with the whole clan these past few weeks has been thoroughly enjoyable.


Lastly, I have been sending out inordinate amounts of mail which means two fabulous things - one, I am checking off things off my to do list (makes anyone feel better) and sending lots of letters and notes all over the world. Everything seems better when there's something random in the mailbox - doesn't matter if I'm sending or receiving it.

There you are - doses of hope, doses of happiness. Seemingly small and simple, but wonderful pieces of my existence. Isn't life great?!

5 comments:

Richard and Carlie said...

Hey Girl! Thanks for the comments! It's fun to see what's going on in your life! Your blog entries are always so fun to read! Thanks!

Trace said...

well my lovely- i'd have to agree with it all- extreme home (cry everytime) Cameron playing football was awesome- YAY for him...how fabulous to see him so happy--
my so called life- yeah is that what we call it these days :) wink
and i have to compliment you on sending real mail- you're the best at it- sending the real deal does make the world a happier place! love you

Katie said...

You're an example to us all! Love your optimism!

forget laundry said...

oh friend. what can I say? I am doing crappy in the calling you back department. so sorry. and you are sick? is that what I am picking up? I miss you and I am sick of not talking to you. so. expect to hear from me soon... in fact I am going to call you right now. I hope you are not sleeping.

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

I have to say the doses of happiness are probably giving me a high! It is so great being home with you and the fam. Love you