Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Really, what did you think?


I started a very melodramatic post today during school - cannot finish it now. It's too introspective for the amount of laughing I've done tonight. Just had to quickly jot down one of those classic moments that proves life is so much funnier than fiction...
One of my past students from Heber instant messaged me on facebook tonight (something I never am signed in to, so it must have been comically fated) with a rather urgent, "I need to talk to you." I was thinking some sort of drama - college class related, of course. No, no - she wanted to know about "Travis" (names have been changed to protect the innocent - oh wait, I was the innocent - so his name really is...). Not the Travis I met and adored during a few months of Raintree life. The Travis who asked me out while I was half dressed, getting work done on my then-recently injured back and neck. This past student knew he had asked me out because he had been hitting on her simultaneously at night school before realizing she was sixteen (not kidding folks). I went out with him once because it's my rule...and he was nice. Just not quite my style - the best part of our night together was me finding the store where Jewels and I eventually found her wedding dress. Now, he's hitting on that same student again - and she wrote me to see what our history had been and whether he was a good guy. Are you kidding? A student going out with the same guy I did - awkward, bizarre, and a million other words...not to mention so hilarious I started laughing out loud with just the computer screen and blinking text as company.
That's it - just had to share - maybe it's not funny. Maybe you have to hear me tell this to understand because I am hoping they get married. Did I mention when she was in high school and I was her English teacher, we looked alike? Oh yeah, it just keeps getting better.
Love it! Love you all -- hope you're having a wonderful November so far! Good night--

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Wow!!! that's so funny! :) I bet that was weird!

Anna White said...

Oh funny. I remember that guy. (and the first Travis too..hehe). That is just too funny for words...