Monday, December 8, 2008

A few more reasons...

Reason for the Season No. 8 - Today is actually my mom's birthday. One of the things I love most about my mom is that she makes everything beautiful. My mom wants everyone to be happy. And she embodies the idea the concept of "girls just wanna have fun."


Reason for the Season No. 7 - Mae just might be left-handed. Now, I am not saying I will love her less if she is right-handed, but I will love her more if she is a south paw. Can't help it. Lefties unite!


Reason for the Season No. 6 - I love temples. They are a constant reminder that God loves us and that there is a plan in place for each of us. We just need to slow down and take a minute to listen. Temples are the perfect place to do that.


Reason for the Season No. 5 - Making plans is one of my favorite things to do. I love planning trips, projects, lunch dates - you name it. Making plans is fabulous. A few of the most recent schemes include a trip to Georgia with Jewels next summer, a grading weekend with Katie to Tahoe, and a craft day with Tracy and whoever wants to come while we watch a few essential chick flicks. Can't wait!


Reason for the Season No. 4 - I love my cousins. Most recently, I saw Chris, the youngest of the infamous Jackson brothers, at a Stanford women's volleyball game. Granted, he does coach for USC, but he makes up for that by being Chris. Without a doubt, the cousin I am closest to. Love him dearly. Also on the cousin radar - Jeff just got married and is having a baby! Eric looks like a grown-up (he is looking like a southern Logan Huntsberger for you Gilmore fans) - what is that? How come he looks like a grown-up, and I still get told to go back to class?

This is Action Jackson competing against Mr. Colby Jackson - Mike's youngest (until baby no. 3 arrives!)

The new Mr. and Mrs. Jeff Holtz - can't wait to hear details on Baby Holtz!

Mr. Blades out on the town in Athens, GA - this guy just gets cooler!

Reason for the Season No. 3 - Nostalgic memories can be both a blessing and a curse, but I was wrapped up in one yesterday that made me relax and appreciate the intricate beauty in the world around me. It goes back to my second winter in college when I was living at Raintree - it had to be early December, that time of the semester where people are scrambling, panicking, and living on a prayer that they make it through the last days of class. And one school day, it snowed all day - big, fat flakes covering everything. Mel and I bundled up to go for a walk - gloves, beanies, scarves - still freezing, but it was so beautiful. I stood outside after our walk and just watched it snow - and I knew in that instant how much God loves us (and that I was a Californian through and through - who else would find frozen water pelting out of the sky so amazing?).

(There's no picture for that one - just the snowy images drifting across my memory lane...)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

YES! I love Jaclyn posts! First and foremost, shout out to Charmom! She really is the best and I am loving that picture of her. And second, I believe with all my heart that Mae is a lefty. And even if she grows to be a righty, I think that it will only be to please her father, and that she internally is a lefty at heart. Do I hold her left hand a little bit more than her right in encouraging those nerve endings to be stimulated a little bit extra? Yes. There, I admitted it. But now she's in stupid Utah, so I can't do it anymore. That and the fact that she screams when she sees my brown hair... I guess her handedness is in the fate of the heavens now.

The Leakes said...

Jaclyn-I love your posts! They always bring a smile to my face! Marshall and Mae does have a nice ring to it-trust me, I have thought about this before! :) Where are you going to be for Christmas?

Rachel said...

You are great! Thanks for sharing your reasons. I miss you tons.

Melanie said...

I remember that night and hoping for a repeat of it here soon. Come on and snow!