Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reason for the Season No. 9 & 10

After hours of finishing up my Stanford class (the third and final portion of my six month CLAD program), I am tired of typing so brevity is the order the day.

Reason for the Season No. 10 -

Today is Ellie Beth Collette's 1st birthday. It is unreal to me that a whole year has gone by since that sassy little girl came into the world, but I love her (and her fabulous family) dearly. I can't wait to see what she becomes. Have I mentioned before that I'm hoping for her and Mae to be best friends? Dare to dream!

Reason for Season No. 9 - At the risk of sounding like "omg, like I'm totally grateful for my phone," I have to say I really am grateful for my phone (not to mention a ridiculously large amount of minutes each month). The telephone is in my top five favorite (and essential) inventions because it gives me the ability to talk to all those people that I love so much who live far away. Even though phone conversations are not as wonderful as face-to-face chats, they help make the time in-between much more bearable.


*On a random, sad sidenote - I promised to keep a few of your updated on my student who has been struggling with less-than-perfect decisions. His parents have decided to send him away. I thought things were getting better, but he came in today while I was teaching another teacher's class and told me. To say that I am crushed sounds dramatic, but the teacher version of myself really is-- I think sending this kid to boarding school is like admitting defeat, but obviously (and for good reason) my opinion is not significant. I hope they let him come home soon--

2 comments:

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

I am so behind on your blog, that I am finally just reading it. You are so cute. I am so happy for you that your classes are finally done. Now you will have more time. I would love it if Mae & Ellie were friends. That would be so much fun. Love you!

forget laundry said...

you have always made me feel like you are our number one fan. you are so good at that. why dream that mae and he will be best friends? they don't have a choice... right? loving you.

YEAH!!! for finished classes. you need a vacation. how about disneyland? great. go!