Monday, May 9, 2011

What a day!

Today is my parent's 30th wedding anniversary. They are spending it away from home, so I tracked down their old journals and scanned them their respective thoughts from just after May 9, 1981. Today is also the 36th anniversary of my parents first holding hands at Dance Festival. Too cute for words- (My parents and Ryan in June 2008 - can you believe these people are old enough to be my parents?!?!)

Today, my cousin Megan also had her baby! William James Linton was born this morning in Sandy, Utah and was 17.5 inches long and 6.2 pounds.

Yesterday was my brother Ryan's 21st birthday. Seriously - my little rambunctious Lego building brother now looks like a MAN and is off to Europe on a Marriott School study abroad for six weeks.

Yesterday was also Mother's Day. My mom, as previously mentioned, is out of town, so Jenessa and I spent it alone going to church, laughing (a little of this may have been during church), feeling odd in such a quiet house, and playing board games (which may or may not have included Chutes & Ladders and Candyland - no, there were no children here to join us).

Tomorrow, I am going to plant flowers in the front and backyard of my parents' house. Spring is in full swing, and I am on a quest to add a little more color to the glorious shades of green that are already gracing their yard.
Tomorrow, I am also going to hang out with Katie Finegan. That really needs no other explanation because that simple fact is wonderful on its own.

3 comments:

Anna White said...

Sounds like you are doing some fun things these days. :) Way to go friend! Miss you.

Rachel said...

I miss you!! I loved reading this post because it was so refreshing. It was like old times when we lived just floors apart. I miss hearing about your life and getting to talk to you in person. I'm glad things are going so well for you.

Maggie said...

Oh fun! Sounds like you are loving life. Love ya, lady!