Friday, July 24, 2015

I Feel Bad about My Neck

I Feel Bad about My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a WomanI Feel Bad about My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nora Ephron makes my heart happy. As the brilliant and witty woman behind some of my very favorite movies (When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, Julie & Julia, You've Got Mail, etc.), I was happy to slip into Ephron's musings on aging, cooking, and finding an apartment in New York. Her wit and candor help make her genius more subtle - in the little details you realize how talented she must have been to gain such a strong foothold in the movie world as a woman in the 80s and 90s. This book isn't for everyone. Ephron doesn't tackle major life issues except as she closes her book, but that doesn't make her writing any less interesting for me. I love her and made sure to watch When Harry Met Sally the day after I finished reading.

*Disclaimer: This book may suffer from over-rating: a condition known to affect its sufferers when they have read a book in extremely happy times aka sitting by a pool overlooking the ocean a few days after getting married. The over-rater may not even notice they are suffering from the condition and what's worse, they may not care. Happy reading just the same.

No comments: