Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying UpThe Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoy books that inspire me to be a better version of myself, whether the book helps motivate me to try voice lessons or to purge items from my closet. Kondo's writing style may be overly flowery, but her principles are sound. The idea that all of our possessions should spark joy has really stuck with me - why own things that make us feel badly about ourselves, our past, or the space we live in. I also appreciate the idea that things we own have a true shelf life - things, just as phases in life, are not always meant to last forever. We should grateful for purpose the item served and then move on. Honestly, I'm not willing to go through the full KonMari tidying method right now, but reading this book helped me let go of things I've been saving forever...this is essential since Seth moved in a few weeks ago and I had to give him half the closet and dresser. Happy reading and happy tidying!

No comments: