Thursday, October 26, 2017

Britt-Marie Was Here

Britt-Marie Was HereBritt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My feelings about this book could not be put down in ink, something that Britt-Marie would very much understand. They are too mixed to lean towards being in love with this book. There were whole chunks where I wondered what was happening and others where I was just hoping they'd move on and stop telling us about her bicarbonate of soda. That said, Backman's characters end up being so loveable. There are some amazing plot twists as the story progresses (something I would have doubted based on the slow beginning) and a fully satisfying, yet still surprising ending. If you do read it, you'll appreciate how much I adore Sven and Sammy. Backman has a way of tugging on your heart with the unlikeliest of characters, and so despite the pacing issues, I'll be back for more of his writing very soon.

Happy reading--

*For at least the tenth time this year, this one would be a solid 3.5. Goodreads - you are fully capable of letting us do half star reviews. I promise that your algorithms and averages will not be that hard to adjust.

No comments: