Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Year of Living Danishly

The Year of Living Danishly: My Twelve Months Unearthing the Secrets of the World's Happiest CountryThe Year of Living Danishly: My Twelve Months Unearthing the Secrets of the World's Happiest Country by Helen Russell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My bags are packed, and now I just need to convince my husband it's time to move to Denmark. Okay, maybe that's a tad dramatic, but I can't tell you how many times I considered an out-of-country move during this book. I love the idea of pausing the chaos and just focusing on a few essentials. Russell's snark and topical research are well blended throughout her narrative. The fertility details also hit close to home. Without question, a great read especially if you've fantasized about moving to Europe at any point in your life.

Happy reading and happy Danish living--

ps. The Audible version of this is delightful. Any way you read it, you can't lose.

No comments: