Thursday, October 26, 2017

The War that Saved My Life

The War that Saved My LifeThe War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was just wonderful. I love the characters, the message, and the way that it introduced characters that were not just another version of a character I've read about before. I'd love to introduce the tenacious Ada to a daughter someday. She has something in her of a Laura Ingalls Wilder or Jo March, and we know how I feel about those two.

Honestly, telling you more of the plot won't help hook you. The writing  and title alone will do that. The only thing you might care to know is that this is on the younger end of young adult fiction, sometimes referred to as middle grade. For some, I know that's a deal breaker, but I thoroughly enjoyed it regardless of the younger characters.

Anywho - happy reading and happy fall. We are on the edge of perfect reading weather. Cannot wait--

No comments: