Saturday, May 25, 2019

Atomic Habits - Round One and Two

Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad OnesAtomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has the potential to be life changing. I loved Clear's approach to establishing and maintaining good habits in an effort to be the people we want to be. I liked it so much that I have not stopped talking about it, and I started it again the day after finishing. The library hold list for this is eighteen weeks, and I knew I didn't want to wait that long to revisit the ideas.

The basic premise is that small (aka atomic) changes are the way we actually create lasting habits in our lives. Too often, I am all or nothing or start big and peter out. One percent changes compounding over time are much more important.

I should acknowledge that the timing on this book was particularly serendipitous as I have been adopting getting up earlier, practicing daily yoga, not using social media as often, etc, etc. Clear fueled my motivation literally as I was out for runs and getting things in my house in order and figuratively as I laid out plans for the future.

Happy reading and happy habit building--

(Book 48 & 50 - 2019)

No comments: