Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & ParkEleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's official - I am a Rainbow Rowell fan. This is my third one of her books, and I'm impressed by her ability to tap into the most basic human motivations we have to be loved, understood, and seen. She writes teenagers well and breaks her characters down into the most delicious of details. I cringed my way through so much of this story because Eleanor's home life is so rough, but it's well told and leaves you still inwardly sighing long after you've finished. Also, the audiobook readers are great.

Happy reading and happy reminiscing about adolescent twitterpation and first loves--

ps. This is technically a YA book, but it is not for young teenagers. The language and content is pretty mature.

(Book 62 - 2019)

No comments: