Saturday, June 22, 2019

I Owe You One

I Owe You OneI Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sophie Kinsella novels seem like the epitome of "chick lit" or a cheesy, romantic comedy. You don't go in expecting to be wowed by the prose or deeply inspired. That said, I was super frustrated by the main character. She was too smart to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Still I persevered because I liked the setting (England is always a win for me), the narrator (British accent and a good reader), the reason for the title, and the love interest character. Would I recommend the book? Only if you read a really high volume of books. Otherwise watch Bridget Jones Diary or read "One Day in December" or a Marisa de los Santos novel.

Happy reading and happy English summers--

(Book 60 - 2019)

No comments: