Monday, August 26, 2019

Lost Roses

Lost RosesLost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked Kelly's first book, Lilac Girls, but I didn't love it. Somehow though the prequel description of Lost Roses captured my attention, and I fell again into the world of New York high society and the demise of Czarist Russia. I liked this book better than Lilac Girls - the story lines seemed more interesting and the characters' behavior less predictable. Motherhood has indeed changed my reading lens as I follow stories now and the ups and downs of Sophia's experiences with her son, Max, were intense to follow. As always, another book that takes place during the WWI era makes me wish I was still in a classroom teaching All Quiet on the Western Front. Once a teacher, always a teacher.

Lost Roses is probably a 3.5, but I rounded up because I was so captivated.

Happy reading and happy almost fall--

(Book 84 - 2019)

No comments: